SEO tutorial for beginners - What is SEO
SEO (Search engine optimization) is a process of optimizing your website to improving your rankings in the search results (Google SERP) and getting more organic traffic.
SEO focuses only on organic search results and does not include PPC (Pay Per Click) optimization. Both SEO and PPC are part of SEM (Search Engine Marketing).
There are 3 key aspects of SEO:
- Technical SEO – represents all the technical aspects you need to cover (on-page SEO).
- Great content – represents the content of your website – the most important part.
- Quality backlinks (QB) – represents the backlinks that increase the authority (Domain Autority DA) of your website. You need to gain authority by getting quality backlinks.
On-page SEO is everything you can do on the website – from the optimization of content through technical aspects.
- Keyword research (Tool like KWFinder can help)
- Content optimization
- Title tag
- Page performance
- Internal linking
The goal is to provide both perfect content and UX while showing search engines what the page is about.
Off-page SEO is mostly about getting quality backlinks to show Google that your website has DA and content.
Link building techniques:
- Guest blogging
- Email outreach
- Broken link building
Off-page SEO is also closely connected to other areas of online marketing, such as social media marketing and branding, which have an indirect impact on building the trust and authority of your website.
Successful SEO strategy consists of both on-page and off-page SEO.
Do I need SEO tools?
If you’re serious about SEO, you shouldn’t neglect the useful data and insights provided by various SEO tools. They give you a great competitive advantage and save a lot of your time.
Here are some essential SEO tools every website owner should use:
- a traffic analysis tool (e.g. Google Analytics)